Subject: Re: Setting up static routes
To: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
From: B. James Phillippe <bryanxms@ecst.csuchico.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/05/2001 12:57:00
On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Jeff Rizzo wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 12:44:20PM -0700, B. James Phillippe wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to find the "correct" way to set up static routes on
> > NetBSD-1.5.2.  I can of course add them manually with "route", and I
> > can hack an rc script to do this at bootup as well.  Is there a
> > specific file or location that I should be doing this?
> The easiest "standard" way is probably just to add the appropriate
> "route" commands in /etc/netstart.local .   This file will get sourced
> during network startup.

Okay... these comments from /etc/rc.d/network scared me away:

        # XXX this must die
        if [ -s /etc/netstart.local ]; then
                sh /etc/netstart.local start
        fi

But, I can adapt to changes. :-)

thanks,
-bp
--
# bryan at terran dot org                      Support the American Red Cross
# http://www.terran.org/~bryan                    http://www.redcross.org