Subject: Re: problem with dhclient
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <russe@electriclichen.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/03/2001 12:18:25
OK, some more information.  I figured out that "man -k ethernet" would
list all of the candidate ethernet devices, so I tried to run dhclient
on the 3com ones, because I have a 3com pcmcia card.  I ran for
example:

  dhclient ex0

This failed right away, and it also failed for all the other 3com
devices, so I don't think my thinkpad is recognizing my ethernet card.
The card says: "3Com MegaHertz Lan 10/100 LAN Cardbus PC pccard".  The
model number is 3CCFE575CT.

I wonder whether this card is supported under NetBSD?  Where I would I
look on the web to check myself, so I don't have to bother the list?

In a related note, I don't see my FAT32 partition when I run:

  disklabel wd0

-russ

--

Linux: For IQ's higher than 98.