Subject: Re: problem with dhclient
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: None <russe@electriclichen.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/02/2001 08:27:25
The boot up messages look like this:

DHCPDISCOVER on strip1 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 5
send_packet network is down

repeated with different, increasing intervals.

ifconfig -a reports many entries, here is the entry for strip1 (I
still haven't figured out a way to mount my FAT32 partition, so I can
easily capture all the output.  I just typed in this part):

strip1: flags=1<UP> mtu 1100 inet 0.0.0.0 netmask 0xff000000.

Thanks for the help, Manuel.

-russ

--
"But technical goals, whatever they are, have their meaning in a
context of social goals and ideas of right and wrong. Only the social