Subject: Re: Ugh.. converting from GNU make
To: B. James Phillippe <bryanxms@ecst.csuchico.edu>
From: Juergen Tritthardt <juergent@mpimf-heidelberg.mpg.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/02/2001 09:43:26
Hello,

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, B. James Phillippe wrote:
>=20
> I have a number of sources which make substantial use of GNU make feature=
s,
> which I'd like to compile under NetBSD/alpha 1.5.2.  I am trying to
> determine what the best approach would be, either to try to convert the
> Makefiles or to find and install GNU make.  Any advice?  If I experiment
> with the latter route, is there a package already available for GNU make =
or
> should I download it?

AFAIK GNU make is part of the base distribution, just use "gmake" instead
of "make".

=09Regards
=09J=FCrgen
--=20
J=FCrgen Tritthardt              Max-Planck-Institut f=FCr med. Forschung
Tel. 06221/486279                          Abt. Biomedizinische Optik
Fax. 06221/486225                       Jahnstr. 29, 69120 Heidelberg