Subject: Re: Installing additional sets
To: Deja User <storm08@my-deja.com>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/01/2001 09:32:47
On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 06:46:35AM -0700, Deja User wrote:
> Hello, I installed netbsd 1.5.2 to my sparc IPX and I only installed
> some of the sets because of low disk space. Now it looks like
> there is still some space left so I`d like to install the compiler
> and maybe games. Is there some other program than sysinst for doing
> this? sysinst worked very well for the install but if I can avoid
> booting the the system again from floppies it would be nicer...
> thanks, Vesa X

The "sets" are nothing but gzipped tar files, so you can use "tar" or "pax"
to install them.

Say you had "comp.tar.gz" in /tmp;  then you'd do this:

cd /
pax -zrpe -f /tmp/comp.tar.gz

...and the same for any of the other sets.  You may wish to do this from
single-user mode, but it's not strictly necessary.

Also, be careful NOT to extract the "etc.tar.gz" set, as it will wipe
out much of your system's configuration!

+j

--
Jeff Rizzo                                         http://boogers.sf.ca.us/~riz