Subject: help required with unknown/undocumented NIC
To: 'netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG' <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric Lenk <ELenk@rhapsodynetworks.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/30/2001 12:53:28
Dear Support:

Currently, I'm in the process of installing NetBSD 1.5 on a [genuine] Intel
machine with an indiginous Intel NIC.  RedHat discovers the hardware as:
Intel Corporation 82557 [Ethernet Pro 100]

When I install the NBSD O/S, the dmesg.boot file says:
Intel 82801BA LAN Controller (ethernet network, revision 0x01) at pci1 dev 8
function 0 not configured

Could you please point me to where I can get a driver for this NIC?

We must stay with NBSD 1.5 as we are doing development on it, and can't
change at this time.  Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Eric