Subject: boot1.fs too big for floppy???
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <oinkfreebiker@att.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/28/2001 23:24:47
Howdy All,

Was impatient for the Wasabi multi-CD set. Decided to
try upgrading by myself from floppies.

But when I tried to copy boot1.fs to a floppy, Win2K
reported that it was too big for the floppy. I checked
the floppy: empby. But only really 1.38MB of space.

Thought it might be the new drive on the new box, or
maybe Win2K. So I carried the floppy over to my Win98
laptop, same report.

So maybe, thought I, it is the disk: a Primaris. I
fished out a Sony disk: same results on both the Win2K
tower and the Win98 laptop.

So it looks like boot1.fs just won't fit, because it is
1.40MB, and the 1.44MB disks are really 1.38MB. Is it
just me and my machines???

Regards,

Gan

--