Subject: LAN interface not configured
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <oinkfreebiker@att.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/27/2001 02:10:44
Got NetBSD up and running on two identical PC's, as
follows:

          CPU = 700 MHz Celeron
  Motherboard = Intel D815EEA2

Trying to set up small home network as/per NetBSD guide,
chap 9. NetBSD doesn't recognize the on-board Ethernet
controller, which is a disappointment. Yes, I could pop
in $15 Linksys cards and be done with it...but I would
prefer to SOLVE this problem (versus circumvent it) if
possible. Here is what I found...

# dmesg | grep ether
Intel 82801BA LAN Controller (ethernet network, revision
0x01) at pci1 dev 8 function 0 not configured

# ifconfig pci1
ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS pci1: Device not configured

...Does anybody have a suggestion how I can address it?
Thanks in advance.

Gan

--

Mysterious Starling -- Rarest Extinct Bird
     _