Subject: Installing NetBSD on 2nd Partition
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <oinkfreebiker@att.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/25/2001 20:37:00
Howdy,

Have built two PC's. Am trying to install dual OS's on
both of them: Win2K, NetBSD. It doesn't seem to be
working out nicely.

I have only ever installed NetBSD 1.5 on a lone PC, all
by itself. A year ago I installed Linux 6 onto a PC
where Win98 had previously resided alone. Both of these
experiences were no sweat. This is different.

At first I tried to use NetBSD to partition the 20GB HD
and install itself on part of it. That worked out fine.

Then, when I tried to put Win2K onto the other part,
Win2K said it was corrupt.

Win2K looked to be my biggest headache so I did a fresh
install of Win2K over the top of all, letting it hog the
whole disk.

Then I used PartitionMagic to partition the disk so
NetBSD dould have 5GB. (On my wife and son's PC Win2K
will be top banana.) When I said I wanted to put on an
OS, PartitionMagic seems to insist that I take too-large
hunk of that 20GB. I can't pick anything near to 5GB
without PartitionMagic reporting that massive hunks of
space will be 'unused'. Why is that?

Thanks,

--

Mysterious Starling -- Rarest Extinct Bird
     _