Subject: Re: KDE -- Keystone feature for VNC
To: None <oinkfreebiker@att.net>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/17/2001 20:24:32
On Fri, 17 Aug 2001 oinkfreebiker@att.net wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Can any of you KDE users on NetBSD tell me whether the
> feature KEYSTONE, which is a VNC (Virtual Network
> Computing) server/client is part of the package. It
> was not obvious to me if it was...
>
> I am wanting to set up VNC, and there is a VNC package
> for NetBSD but it is kind of plain Jane X, and not at all
> like KDE. I am thinking it would be cool to use my
> ThinkPad as a kinda remote terminal for the floor-bound
> NetBSD box which I am having built to order.

	As an aside I use the standard vnc client on my thinkpad for
	some NT boxes I have to admin - since the server resolution
	is the same as the laptop's screen I ended up telling the
	windowmanager (pwm) to disable borders around the vnc windows -
	when the are running it looks like the laptom _is_ the NT box :)

	Out of curiosity, are you planning on using vnc between two
	NetBSD boxes? Unless you really want the persistant desktop I'd
	be inclined to go with straight X apps for speed :)

--
		David/absolute		-- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --