Subject: Re: bind-update
To: Frank Lingott <frank@lugh.de>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/14/2001 15:42:43
On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Frank Lingott wrote:

> I couldn=B4t find any bind package for netbsd-1.4.1 in the
> packages collection(i386).

It should be available in the package source collection.

In addition, BIND should be available in the default installation.

> Can i use bind-9 for netbsd-1.4.2 ?
> or is this not possible?

In most cases, the pkgsrc collection is supposed to be useable for older
versions and recent versions of NetBSD. I haven't used the bind9 package
under 1.4.2 (or 1.4.1), so I don't know if it works, but I assume it
does. (If it doesn't build, let us know the details.)

Also, it is probably not a good idea to use an old BIND package or old
BIND included with 1.4.1 (or 1.4.2). It has a few bugs.
ftp://ftp.NetBSD.ORG/pub/NetBSD/security/advisories/NetBSD-SA2001-001.txt.a=
sc

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/