Subject: Winmodems and graphics cards
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org, port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: David Friggens <dnf@paradise.net.nz>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/14/2001 21:04:46
After having problems trying to set up ppp I've discovered that my Motorola
SM56 is a Windows software modem. There is a Linux driver available for it,
though - any chance that will make it work under NetBSD? (1.5)

I've also got problems trying to get anything graphical going as I can't
seem to find any info on my graphics card. The only info I've managed to
squeeze from the (sparse) 'documentation' that came with my PC is that it's
an Intel i810. I can't find anything else (e.g. how much video RAM it's
got). I've also been unsuccessful trying to find anything useful in
Windows. Can anyone point me in the right direction for finding this?

Cheers David