Subject: cannot allocate memory for a network card
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Hattarki <mindfunk@mindfunk.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/14/2001 00:22:44
Newbie Question:

I just recompiled my kernel (with the correct network drivers I think) but
when I boot it, it won't allocate i/o memory:

ep0 at pcmcia0 function 0: can't allocate i/o space

I have the 3c562d/3c563d ethernet/modem combo card. Earlier in the boot
log, I have:

pcmcia0: CIS version PCMCIA 2.0 or 2.1
pcmcia0: CIS info: 3Com Corporation, 3C562D/3C563D, EtherLink III,
LAN+Modem PC Card
pcmcia0: Manufacturer code 0x101, product 0x562
pcmcia0: function 0: network adapter, ccr addr 1800 mask 3ff
pcmcia0: function 0, config table entry 7: I/O card; irq mask ffff; iomask
4, io

So, it seems as though it's finding the card.

Config doesn't report and device mismatches. Anyone see this before?

namaste,
Mark