Subject: kde-install-problems on netbsd 1.5
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Frank Lingott <frank@lugh.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/13/2001 22:36:22
Hi all,

i was trying to install 1.5/Wasabi Package Release on different
machines,
but there is always the same problem:

- sysinst works well
- i can configure XF86Setup
- post-installing KDE from the first application cd fails
- a lot of error messages about missing packages/dependencies:
- Mesa,MesaLib,glu-*,glut-*,jpeg*,png and a lot more(can`t remember)

pkg_add of bash and joe was o.k.

sorry,i did not save the error messages.
i did a standard installation with X from sysinst.
there was no such problem with my old netbsd 1.4.1.

did i miss something?

another question:

why does sysinst not save the network config data i have typed in?
after reboot the hostname was "amnesiac" and no address,gateway and
nameserver set.
no problem,i know how to config manually,but i want to know.

if somebody can give me a hint or has questions,pls tell me

TIA

Frank