Subject: Re: Primer
To: David Walker <diw@tpg.com.au>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/11/2001 23:08:58

http://www.mclink.it/personal/MG2508/nbsdeng/netbsd.html

> I would really like to find a list of all the various conf files in netbsd,
> where they are, what they are for and how to set them up.

man rc.conf #and
less /etc/defaults/rc.conf

Of course, there are many, many more configuration files.

> If I was to ask a question everytime I didn't know something I would be
> posting 20 times a day.

Most likely you are not the only one to ask your questions. The answers
are archived again and again.

Try the Google Usenet Advanced Search:

And altavista.com and google.com.

Also, many FAQs may already answer your questions:
 http://www.isp-faq.com/

And have a look at http://bsd.reedmedia.net/ for links to a bunch of
documentation on using BSDs.

You may also want to search at Daemon News.

Also have a look at:
 http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/i386/faq.html
 http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/misc/

You may also want to look at:

Using NetBSD: Installing and setting up a PPP Internet connection
http://www.bsdtoday.com/2000/July/Features237.html

Using NetBSD (part 2): Configuring XFree86 and installing a window manager
http://www.bsdtoday.com/2000/July/Features242.html

Using NetBSD (part 3): Setting up printing
http://www.bsdtoday.com/2000/August/Features254.html

You will find that most of the answers are out there. (But sometimes they
are hard to find.)

If you can, please take some notes on where you found your answers and
what you learned; then you can help others too.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/