Subject: Re: Samba and SMBMount
To: Stephen Brown <munkay@coolfactor.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/11/2001 19:47:23
On Sun, 12 Aug 2001, Stephen Brown wrote:

> Hi guys.. anyone know where and how to get smbmount on the system?  Have
> doen an install of /usr/pkgsrc/net/samba from pkgsrc, and smbmount is
> mentioned in the man pages, yet not on the system, apparently.  Any ideas?

Have a look for your rumba or sharity-light package.

Also read http://www.bsdtoday.com/2000/June/Features181.html.
  "I noticed that the NetBSD samba package installed a smbmount manual
  page, but no smbmount program. Under Linux-based systems, smbmount can
  be used to mount SMB shares. ... A program called Sharity-Light can be
  used to mount Samba shares. Previously known as rumba, the software is
  available for BSDs, Irix, Solaris, Next and other operating systems."

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/