Subject: Re: can't use "~/.exrc" with pkgsrc/editors/nvi-m17n ?
To: None <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
From: Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi@soum.co.jp>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/11/2001 12:57:54
> That doesn't work either on original vi (at least not on the SVR4-version
> where I have checked it on.)  Neither do -c 'se all' or similar things
> work (not that one would really need them, imho...)

I would use them much if they were available.  Non-interactive editing
is really useful in some occations, like non-interactive package
install (configuration file modification), and simple text
substitution of many files.  I use /bin/ed for such purposes now.

(It's suprising that the "cp-and-sed" technology is used for the
 latter purpose above in Pkgsrc which I believe the most engeneered
 part of NetBSD.)

Regards,
Masao