Subject: Re: rc.conf
To: None <claude.marinier@dreo.dnd.ca>
From: Matthias Buelow <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/10/2001 21:23:53
Claude Marinier <claude.marinier@dreo.dnd.ca> writes:

>to know this fundamental editor. By the way, it is inacurate to call it
>'very simplistic' as the "Editing files unde NetBSD" section does.

I agree... anything that involves a complete regular expressions
language can't be called "simplistic"... ed(1) is certainly more
powerful (featurewise) than most visual editors for MS-DOS I've
seen (although modern Windows editors of the more sophisticated
kind also seem to come with some regular expression notation, at
least in search&replace dialogs...)  In contrast, M$ Notepad, and
it's grown-up X11 brother xedit(1) (can edit files >64K at least :)
are simplistic.

--mkb