Subject: Re: rc.conf
To: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
From: Claude Marinier <claude.marinier@dreo.dnd.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/10/2001 10:53:07
Hi,

I have used ed in such cases and it did the job. I agree that it is useful
to know this fundamental editor. By the way, it is inacurate to call it
'very simplistic' as the "Editing files unde NetBSD" section does.

Is there an introduction to ed or a 'guide to using ed in an emergency'
that lists the basics. The man page has a lot more information that needed
in such cases.

If there was such a document, it would fit well in miscellaneous
documentation section of the web server where there is a reference to the
ed man page. It might also be useful along side installation documents.

--
Claude Marinier, Information Technology Group    claude.marinier@dreo.dnd.ca
Defence Research Establishment Ottawa (DREO)    (613) 998-4901  FAX 998-2675