Subject: Re: cable modem cracked
To: Peter Mancuso <unishell@hotmail.com>
From: None <collver@linuxfreemail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/09/2001 11:41:09
On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 07:48:35PM -0400, Peter Mancuso wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Just wanted to let you know that I was successful at configuring my cable
> modem with Rick Byers instructions!!! The following lines seemed to make the
> difference in rc.conf
>
> thanks a buch to everyone that sent forth their suggestions...my stomach was
> beggining to churn thinking that I would have to use dhcp for my netbsd
> box....
>
> I would never cus my roots and where I came from (System V(Linux)) but I
> really appreciate the lack of 'fat' in the netbsd core....this could be the
> begining of a beautiful relationship :o)

Congratulations.

When I ran without dhclient, it appeared @home would stop routing to me
when my lease expired.  If you suddenly lose your connectivity, you might
need to use dhclient.

:bash-2.05# ps alx|grep dhclient|grep -v grep
:    0    68    1   0   2  0 1144  704 select   Is   ?? 0:11.08 /sbin/dhclient

704k + BPF in kernel.  It's not that much fat is it?

Ben