Subject: cable modem cracked
To: None <rb-netbsd@BigScaryChildren.net>
From: Peter Mancuso <unishell@hotmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/08/2001 19:48:35
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I was successful at configuring my cable
modem with Rick Byers instructions!!! The following lines seemed to make the
difference in rc.conf

>net_interfaces="ne0"

and specifying my netmask to ifconfig_rtk0

thanks a buch to everyone that sent forth their suggestions...my stomach was
beggining to churn thinking that I would have to use dhcp for my netbsd
box....

I would never cus my roots and where I came from (System V(Linux)) but I
really appreciate the lack of 'fat' in the netbsd core....this could be the
begining of a beautiful relationship :o)

peace
pete
out
#!