Subject: Re: Install and msdos partition
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Mueller <tmueller@bluegrass.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/08/2001 01:50:01
from "David Walker" <diw@tpg.com.au>:

   This is a multi-part message in MIME format.  <- Please don't do this!

   ------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C11EB4.A4941800

   I have an existing Windoze installation. I have downloaded most of =
   NetBSD
   1.5.1 to my windows system (weird but all the ftp sites I went to had =
   empty
   xfonts, man, and misc folders).
(snip)

I noticed that xfonts, man and misc showed as symbolic links on the server, so
you couldn't see how many MB were in the actual files behind the symbolic links.
But install.html showed all the download file sizes.  I used a DOS-based FTP
program (ftp07) from 1993 that supports scripting, and ftp07 was able to
download those files.   But I remember one OS/2-based program failed to handle
symbolic links on an FTP server.  I forget just which program that was.

It would be more elegant to send messages as one-part plain-text.
Quoted-printable and HTML create an ugly mess.