Subject: Re: Default Route
To: Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbell.net>
From: Rick Byers <rb-netbsd@BigScaryChildren.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/07/2001 09:12:30
This just means you don't have a default IPv6 route setup, so you can't
connect to IPv6 hosts.  This is OK.  NetBSD fully supports IPv6, but most
ISPs don't yet, and other than testing/experimenting I see no need to use
IPv6 yet.  You're probably trying to connect to some hostname that
resolves into an IPv6 and IPv4 address.  NetBSD probably tries the IPv6
address first, fails, and falls back to the IPv4 address.  I get the exact
same message when connecting to ftp.netbsd.org (same IP, so that must be
what you're doing too).  The only way I can think of that you might be
able to prevent that warning is to configure your nameserver not to return
IP6 addresses.  But the warning is harmless, so I've just been ignoring
it...

Rick