Subject: Re: how to change pre-login message?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Will Roberts <oldbear@arctos.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/06/2001 00:16:28
My thanks to Rick Byers, Marc Baudoin, Hubert Feyrer, and Martin Weber
who took the time to respond to my question.

I was able to edit the /etc/gettytab file to add the screen clearing
and cursor positioning escape sequences without any problem:

default:\
    :ce:ck:np:im=\033[2J\033[H\r\n%s/%m (%h) (%t)\r\n\r\n:sp#9600:
                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This clearly is the 'quick-and-dirty' approach because it incorporates
the VT-100 esc codes in the im= field rather than referencing them
elsewhere.

The use of "if=" to reference a text file seems to be a nice solution
to inserting specific text, especially if coupled with the use of the
many other possible parameters.

Again, thanks.

Sincerely,
Will