Subject: Re: how to change pre-login message?
To: Will Roberts <netbsd-help@netbsd.org, oldbear@arctos.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/06/2001 04:00:41
In article <3.0.5.32.20010805152437.01962540@arctos.com> you wrote:
> How can I change the message line?  I would like to add the VT100
> ansi control code Esc [ 2 J  ("/022[2J") to clear the screen so
> that the end of the previous user's session is not left on the
> terminal and the welcome message appears at the top of a blank
> screen.  I might also change the text of the welcome message at
> the same time.

Besides the "im" field in /etc/gettytab, there's also the "if" field.
Put in something like :if=/etc/issue: and then you can change the text
in that file as you like. (Dunno why we don't ship with this setting
per default...)

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html