Subject: IPFILTER 3.4.20 under 1.5.1/i386
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: NetBSD Help User <netbsd@cosmic.care-gear.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/04/2001 16:10:36
hello;

  I upgraded ipfilter to 3.4.20 and now my kernel won't compile:

../../../../netinet/in_proto.c:156: warning: function declaration isn't a
protoype
*** Error code 1

I get errors like the above as well as others "depending on wether or not
I use the "options IPFILTER" flag in the kernel.  I know theres a
procedure the must be done in order to upgrade ipfilter under openbsd..
"http://www.tfsb.org/ipf-openbsd/"

Is there something similar under netbsd that must be performed?  I tried
the ./minstall and ./kinstall options that the README.NetBSD suggests for
installing ipfilter and the patches failed and don't work right (I tried
both).  If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this problem I would
appreaciate it.

Thanks
-cosmic-665

P.S.  why isn't "options IPFILTER" used under netbsd?  Is it obsolete?  It
works, but the GENERIC kernel doesn't seem to have those options (unless
it's in another file I mis-looked).