Subject: Netscape JPEG's look lowres
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Charlie Root <oinkfreebiker@att.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/04/2001 13:07:35
Howdy,

I have two laptops with different OS's: NetBSD on ThinkPad 380Z; Win98
on Gateway Solo 5150. Both have 98MB of RAM, and have NeoMagic 256 video
chipsets. Both are running Netscape 4.7X.

But any JPEG's viewed on the NetBSD box via Netscape look very low res
compared with the same JPEG seen on the Win98 box via Netscape.

Anybody have a clue why that might be?

Thanks,

Gan Starling
Kalamazoo MI USA

---

PS -- Hey, I'm sending this via Netscape on the NetBSD laptop. First
time! Hurrah, hurrah! All my prior posts were either via Win98 Netscape
or via NetBSD KDE. Such is the rate of my progress, alas...