Subject: Re: Known-working printer?
To: Peter Seebach , <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/04/2001 08:58:43
I can only confirm from first-hand experience the following printers:

 Epson MX-80 (GX-80?) 8-pin dot matrix.
 Epson LQ850 (870?)  24-pin dot matrix.
 Hewlet Packard 2100 (1200dpi laser)

My eldest brother recently found a limited set of Ricoh 1200dpi printers
(8MB RAM, PostScript support included) that were being sold off at a heavy
discount ($250 or so---previously around $800, I gather).  Not small, and
(like the others above) black & white, but if you can still find them at
that price...a real steal.  (^&

(Oh, and the old dot matrix printers listed above do NOT work with the
USB<->Parallel adapters...if that matters.)

None of the above sound too likely to be what you want, but you left
things pretty open.  (^&