Subject: Re: netbsd installation.
To: Jahanur R Subedar <jahanur@zeetelecom.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/04/2001 03:21:44
On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 06:05:06PM -0500, Jahanur R Subedar wrote:
> Do you think I need i386pkg1.iso i386pkg2.iso and i386pkg3.iso.?
> Along with i386cd.iso, to make a bootable cd.

No, i386cd.iso is enouth to boot and install NetBSD.
i386pkg?.iso contains third-party packages (such as KDE, gnome, emacs, ...)
They're not needed to install a working NetBSD system, but you may want them,
depending on what you want to do with NetBSD (if you want a NFS server,
you don't need them. If you want a X workstation, you may find them
usefull)

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>