Subject: Re: Xwindows
To: yuksel =?iso-8859-1?Q?em=FDnoglu?= <yuksele_80@hotmail.com>
From: Paul \(NCC/CS\) <pts@bom.gov.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/02/2001 09:49:02
"yuksel emınoglu" wrote:

>    Hello;
> Linux's X server can aotomaticly detect my video card  but in NetBSD I
> should configure it and but is never the same as linux(RedHAT 7.1) what
> should I do to make it auotomaticly configured by NetBSD should I install an
> new Xserver (I use NetBSD 1.51) and if so how can ı install it and from wher
> I can find it ...
>                               Yuksel EMiNOGLU
>                               Istanbul / TURKEY

Yes you should run xf86config. It will work but it's a bit
tedious and personally I end up running it several times
before I get it all right. You might have to do some reading
for a while to get able to answer all the questions. In linux
and others you can run XF86Setup or something which is a
gui interface and it's alot easier. I don't know why we don't
get a binary for this with the netbsd install, but, the rest of
the netbsd install is a dream of ease. Very crappless.

good luck!

Paul.