Subject: Integrated PCI controller issue
To: 'netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG' <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Crockett, Tim <TCrockett@DirecTV.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/24/2001 18:58:48
Hello,

I have a Compaq Deskpro EN with an Integrated Intel PRO/100 VM
(http://www.compaq.com/products/quickspecs/10653_na/10653_na.html).  I am
using the GENERIC kernel, which according to
http://www.netbsd.org/Hardware/pci.html, supports:

	Intel EtherExpress Pro 10/100B/100+ and InBusiness (fxp)
	Intel PRO/100 S (but note that the crypto coprocessor is currently
not used) (fxp)

To my knowledge, these are compatable with the controller in my computer.
The appropriate output from dmesg looks like:
Intel 82801BA LAN Controller (ethernet network, revision 0x01) at pci1 dev 8
function 0 not configured
Can you point me in the right direction to get this configured properly?  Do
I have to make some changes to /sys/dev/pci/pcidevs?

I am having a similar problem with the Audio.  dmesg reports:

	Intel 82801BA AC-97 Audio Controller (audio multimedia, revision
0x01) at pci0 dev 31 function 5 not configured

http://www.netbsd.org/Hardware/pci.html reports a 'VIA VT82C686A southbridge
integrated AC'97 audio (auvia) '  Do you know if this might be compatible
and what might I need to tweak to get it to work?

Thanks!
Tim