Subject: Re: How to distribute packages
To: Ian Goldby <iangoldby@iangoldby.free-online.co.uk>
From: Shigeki Uno <shigeki@mediawars.ne.jp>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/24/2001 01:40:14
Ian Goldby <iangoldby@iangoldby.free-online.co.uk> writes:

> Is there a quick way to generate a binary package from a package installed
> on my system without requiring any rebuilding, or the original files? (I
> haven't yet done a make clean if that makes any difference.)

That's *pkg_tarup* command.

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/1.5/i386/All/pkg_tarup-1.0.1.tgz

For examples, if you already installed lynx and would like to back up its
binary on your system,

nana$ pkg_info | grep lynx
lynx-2.8.4.0b16     Alphanumeric display oriented World-Wide Web Client

Just type "pkg_tarup lynx-2.8.4.0b16" as root, and binary will be
created in /tmp directory. so please move it from /tmp directory
somewhere you want.

Hope this helps,
--
Shigeki Uno <shigeki@mediawars.ne.jp>