Subject: Re: dhclient and cable modem
To: Christoph Leuzinger <chris@westworks.ch>
From: None <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/23/2001 15:20:48
Christoph Leuzinger <chris@westworks.ch> writes:

> I'm downloading the whole thing just now [1]. - Is there any source of
> information which can tell me why this doesn't work with 1.5? (Just
> wondering.)

It has to do with a certain DHCP server (that happens to be used by at
least one cable provider - RCN in my case) that sends out an option it
shouldn't be sending (ie it's illegal). I forget the details of
exactly what option (something about a DHCP Relay Host I think), but
As Manuel says, you can search the archives for dhclient over the last
several months and you should find the details.