Subject: Apache::AuthenRadius problems
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Bell <mtbell@smurfland.cit.buffalo.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/20/2001 13:29:18
Hi,

I know this is not related to netbsd, but im having trouble using
Apache::AuthenRadius with the apache web server. I have the most current
version of apache built with mod_perl. The document root is /www I have a
.htaccess file in /www used to authenticate all users to a radius
server that want to access this site.

/www/.htaccess:

AuthName "Access"
AuthType Basic
AuthGroupFile /www/.htgroup

#authenticate via Radius
PerlAuthenHandler Apache::AuthenRadius

PerlSetVar Auth_Radius_host radius.foo.com
PerlSetVar Auth_Radius_secret its_a_secret
PerlSetVar Auth_Radius_timeout 60

<Limit GET POST>
         require group MYGROUP
</Limit>

When i have it set up like this (in the document root dir) it generates
this error in the apache error log files:

[Thu Apr 19 11:43:14 2001] [notice] child pid 9851 exit signal
Segmentation Fault (11)

Now when i move the .htaccess file in /www to say some test dir
/www/test/.htaccess everything works perfectly and no error is generated.
Also if i take say all the "Perl" stuff out of the .htaccess file in /www
and create a /www/.htpasswd file everything authenticates properly.