Subject: Re: installation of 1.5
To: 'netbsd-help@netbsd.org' <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Ammermueller, Martin <Martin.Ammermueller@Adphos.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/20/2001 08:07:40
Frank van der Linden wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 05:16:06PM -0500, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> > The size "240640" was chosen so that exactly five would fit
> on a 1.2mb
> > floppy, and exactly six would fit on a 1.44mb floppy. You could make
> > the floppies with less collataral brain damage by choosing a size
> > that's closer to one per floppy, like "1443840", or slightly less.
>
> That's true, However: sysinst knows how many parts a set has
> only if you use the 240640 size. Otherwise it will get confused.
> Ugly, I know, but that's how it's currently done.

When I installed NetBSD on my Omnibook (only a floppy drive)
I splitted the distr.-sets in ~1400K big chunks and used cat
to glue them together on the Omnibook. But only the important
parts. I transferred the rest of the distribution after a minimal
installation via a serial cable (with slattach and sl0).

snafu
Martin
--
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.