Subject: Re: Building a netbsd pkg
To: Martin Ammermueller <martin81@bnro.de>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/19/2001 17:04:12
On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Martin Ammermueller wrote:

> Hussain Ali wrote:
> > I would like to know exactly how i would go about building
> > a new pkg for netbsd... i have little experience in packaging,
> > so  if anyone can give me a detailed explaination  of where
> > to begin or how i could build one [netbsd pkg] i would greatly
> > appreciate it.
>
> /usr/pkgsrc/Packages.txt
>
> "Part II" would be interesting for you...

Yes. The easiest way to get started, though, is to build the "url2pkg"
package, create a directory for your package, "cd" to it, and type
"url2pkg _URI_of_distfile_". Make sure to build "pkglint" and run that
in your package directory, too. If you run into any tricky problems,
ask questions on <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>.

Frederick