Subject: installation of 1.5
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Nancy Davis <nedavis@cs.utah.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/19/2001 14:02:23
I'm trying to install vers 1.5 on my Gateway/Athlon machine.

For some reason, the installation program is not
able to ifconfig the network interface (3Com905C)
(I am able to install Debian with the appropriate
3C9xxx drivers)

So, lacking a network interface with which to load
the OS, I went searching for the diskette splits,
thinking I would sort out the NIC later.

There are no longer splits on the FTP site.  Is this
an oversite, or are splits no longer supported?

Also, any suggestions on how to get the OS loaded, with
or without diskette splits is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nancy

<hardware info avail on request>