Subject: Re: NetBSD-1.5/i386 on Compaq Hardware.
To: Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakhesh@cse.iitd.ernet.in>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/19/2001 20:55:24
On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 12:56:52AM +0530, Rakhesh Sasidharan wrote:
> I see; I don't know all those details except for the CPU speed and stuff
> like that.  But I see your point: if I were to get those details, I could
> check up if NetBSD supports them.  Fine enough!  I was a bit apprehensive
> coz I had always thought these companies had their own hardware etc and so
> projects like NetBSD would have a problem working on them ...

It's probably quickest to just make some bootfloppies

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.5/i386/installation/floppy/boot1.fs
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.5/i386/installation/floppy/boot2.fs
http://www.tux.org/pub/dos/rawrite/rawrite.exe

(run rawrite to create the bootfloppies in M$-OS from the above *.fs images)
and boot up with them - if you get the sysinst screen, chances are all will
be alright..

Cheers,

Patrick