Subject: Re: Zombie processes
To: Nigel Reed <nigel@nelgin.nu>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/17/2001 21:57:43
Actually, if you kill a process's parent, it should be inherited by
init, which will wait() for the process once it dies and make the zombie
``go away''.

You have some buggy programs which don't wait() for their children. Fix
them, or as a quick solution, kill the parent.

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>          v          Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/             i            http://www.NetBSD.org/