Subject: Re: disklabel for a large disk
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Mike Cheponis <mac@Wireless.Com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/17/2001 11:54:02
Hi, I think I'm really screwed.

When I tried the machine this morning, did "ll /" and about half the files
were non-existent(!) - the names were there, but no contents.  This is on wd0.
I didn't write anything to wd0  (unless being so tired that I accidentally
did some disklabel operation on wd0, but...).

So I rebooted the machine, and it wouldn't boot!  Says "NO OPERATING SYSTEM" so
I shove in the install floppy, and try to boot wd0a - it says "no disklabel" !

In single-user mode, disklabel wd0 yields no a nor b partition, but c,d,e are
there.

I don't see how I screwed up this box, but I'd like to get the wd0 disk up
(specifically wd0e) so I can ftp off the important stuff.

Unless there is some easy way to fix this?

Thanks again, -Mike