Subject: Re: OV511+, NetBSD, ugen, vid, and you
To: Chrischen <cchen@nougat.org>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@dingo.ping.net.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/17/2001 11:44:20
Chrischen wrote
> Well, the author of vid claims that vid, available at:
>
> http://ovtvid-bsd.sourceforge.net/
>
> Works under NetBSD, but I have a feeling that's not quite true. It would seem
> that NetBSD's naming scheme for generic USB devices differs from that of
> FreeBSD in a few ways, and I wonder, oh, I wonder, what else has diverged
> since they ported the USB stack from times past.
>
> So I tried, and it doesn't seem to work. Grabbing Wulf's patched version off
> /pub/NetBSD/misc/wulf... doesn't seem to work either, even with a recent
> enough -current kernel to include isochronous IO transfers. So here's the
> end of a ktruss of it:

Run vid using the following command

vid --small -d /dev/ugen0.00

I've just checked and it still works for me... I will update my kernel
and see if this will break anything.

cheerio Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes