Subject: Re: audio output
To: None <abuse@spamalicious.com>
From: Kendra K. Smith <kendras@MIT.EDU>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/16/2001 12:45:35
I have tried mixerctl. I can change the volume (using monitor.output), I just
can't make it come out of the right port. :)

Mixerctl output looks like this:

inputs.yadda...
monitor.monitor=0
outputs.monitor.mute=on
monitor.output=220,220
record.record=220,220
record.record.source=mic

I'm using mpg123; the -o<port> option doesn't work either. I've also played
around a little bit with using /dev/sound rather than /dev/audio, but that
has no effect.

I found a patch in the mbone directory (was searching with google) which has
the following lines:

+       /* It is either wrong on some machines or i got something wrong! */
+       if (dev_info.play.avail_ports < 3)
+               dev_info.play.avail_ports = 3;
+
+       if ((port & dev_info.play.avail_ports) == 0)
+               port = 1;

This is at pkgsrc/mbone/rat/patches/patch-aa. That's the only related
thing I could find, but I thought maybe I need some sort of similar fix?
I've tried to go through the source code for audioctl and a little bit of
the kernel code, but have not yet had any luck there either. :(

-Kendra