Subject: Re: CVS, NetBSD, MS-WINDOWS, and security.
To: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
From: Ewen McNeill <ewen@naos.co.nz>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/16/2001 14:34:55
[This isn't really a netbsd question/answer, but I've left this reply here
because others may be interested in the URL; consider replying off list.]

In message <Pine.BSF.4.21.0104150828140.63493-100000@tesla.eecs.ukans.edu>, Richard Rauch writes:
>As far as I understand it, the MS-WINDOWS CVS clients cannot use ssh
>clients.

http://www.wincvs.org./ssh.html

I've got a couple of clients who have been using cvs-via-ssh on Windows
boxes, in production, for the past year or more.  The only tricky part
about it is getting a suitable ssh for Windows; ftp.ssh.com seemed to
have removed their ssh-1 build for Windows last time I looked.  There is
probably an OpenSSH build for Windows that will work by now.

The setup of ssh for CVS under Windows is a little involved (more so than
under Unix anyway) but if you know how to get it going under Unix you'll
have most of the stuff you need.  Once it's set up, it's relatively easy
to replicate from box to box ("extract this zip file, add this to your
autoexec.bat and reboot"), although WinCVS likes to be installed using
its own install routines, otherwise it often complains of missing DLLs
(sigh).

Ewen