Subject: Re: CVS, NetBSD, MS-WINDOWS, and security.
To: Martin Ammermueller <martin81@bnro.de>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/15/2001 21:19:26
I'm not sure that I understand exactly what you are recommending, but I'm
skeptical that it would work.

Should I use ssh on the CVS repository to cause the MS-WINDOWS machines to
forward CVS connections to my machine (so the MS-WINDOWS machines would
have to think that they were repository hosts)?  That surely can't be what
you have in mind, as the MS-WINDOWS systems presumably wouldn't even have
an sshd.

Should the MS-WINDOWS machines try to use ssh to forward port connections
from the CVS machine back to themselves?  What would that
accomplish?

Maybe I'm being dense.  I may have simply misunderstood what you are
suggesting, however.  Again, network security isn't my forte'.  (^&  But I
don't see how the -R option on the UNIX ssh client helps the MS-WINDOWS
CVS clients.

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about." --rauch@eecs.ukans.edu