Subject: ep0 found but dhclient cant find ep0
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Mipam <mipam@ibb.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/13/2001 17:24:45
Hi,

After the fetching of 1.5 releasr source, rebuild of kernel
and userland as usual, i cant use dhclient anymore.
ep0 is the name of the network card.
dhclient says now: ep0 not found.
However, in the dmesg we can clearly see ep0 being discovered.
Futher more, when i do ifconfig ep0 ip netmask media bla
route add default gateway
then it works fine...... now i can send andd receive emails again.
But i really dont understand why dhclient in the beginning says
he cant find ep0.
This happend directly after building of new kernel and userland
with release 1.5 source.
Any ideas?
Further more ./.. it also said:
/sbin/dhclient-script not found .....
But this script is in /etc.
So things have changed in dhclient clearly.
I saw in the changes file that a new dhcp version has been
integrated. But now it doesnt work nice anymore.
Any hints?
Bye,

Mipam.