Subject: Re: Matrox G400 lockups
To: Tim Thibault <thibault@sk.sympatico.ca>
From: None <dokas@cs.umn.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/13/2001 12:23:22
On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 11:21:06PM -0600, Tim Thibault wrote:

> One recommendation I might make, since I had this problem (not quite, but
> similar) with a Matrox G200 w/8MB RAM  which came built in to my HP Kayak, is
> to flash the Compaq BIOS with the most current available.  This solved a few
> of my problems, including the video.
>
> Hope Compaq has an update available.
>
> Good luck

Thanks! That was it.  I upgraded the BIOS on the Matrox card from
version 1.X to 2.X and now it works *very* well.

BTW, the BIOS on the machine was already running at the latest version.
Otherwise I would have updated it as well.

Paul
--
Paul Dokas                                            dokas@cs.umn.edu
Don Juan Matus:  "an enigma wrapped in mystery wrapped in a tortilla."