Subject: libgsm resultant sound quality very low?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce Martin <brucem@cat.co.za>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/12/2001 15:29:06
I have been using the libgsm-1.0.10 package to convert raw 16-bit audio
samples to gsm samples. The 16-bit samples, when played back, are of good
quality. However, if I compress, and then decompress the audio, and then
play it back, the quality is far below that of a gsm mobile phone. I am
recording speech samples, so it is not music or anything complicated like
that, but the playback sounds really bad. Has anybody else experienced
anything like this, and managed to get it fixed? I have ensured that my
compress and decompress routines use different state handles...

Is anybody getting good results from libgsm?

Cheers
 Bruce