Subject: NAT
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbell.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/10/2001 15:36:07
I'm trying to get NAT up and running on 1.5.  My setup is a two
Ethernet card setup with one connected to my DSL modem which uses
PPPoE and the other connecting to my network.  I've set it up
according to all the info I could find on it and can't determine
what's going wrong.  I can ping the machine but I can't get network
traffic back. My config files:

ipnat.conf
map ppp0 192.168.1.0/24 -> 0/32 proxy port ftp/tcp
map ppp0 192.168.1.0/24 -> 0/32 portmap tcp/udp 1000:65535
map ppp0 192.168.1.0/24 -> 0/32

ifconfig.sn0 (connected to DSL modem)
inet 0.0.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0

ifconfig.ae0 (connected to network)
inet 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0

rc.conf
<snip>
ipfilter=YES
ipnat =YES
auto_ifconfig=YES
<snip>
portmap =YES

Anything else I need to do on the above?

The results from netstat -i show that the packets from the requesting
machine are going out over ppp0 but not coming back in.  So it looks
like the internal packets are getting out to the internet, just not
coming back in.  What gives with this?
--
Randy

OS X - UNIX for the rest of us