Subject: Re: NAT
To: Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbel.net>
From: Mike Pelley <mike@pelley.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/10/2001 23:08:14
> I'm trying to get NAT up and running on 1.5.  My setup is a two
> Ethernet card setup with one connected to my DSL modem which uses
> PPPoE and the other connecting to my network.  I've set it up
> according to all the info I could find on it and can't determine
> what's going wrong.

Try "sysctl net.inet.ip.forwarding" - it should be set to 1.  If not,
you can set it in rc.local with "sysctl -w net.inet.ip.forwarding=1" or
you can put "options GATEWAY" or "options IPFORWARDING=1" in your kernel
config.  "man options" explains the difference between those two.

However, you mentioned you saw packets going out ppp0 so this might not
be the problem, but I thought I'd mention it in case it helps.

CU! Mike.