Subject: Re: libXaw3d.so.6.1 not found by GV
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Ian Goldby <iangoldby@iangoldby.free-online.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/08/2001 22:26:36
To summarise, I've been trying to get ghostview to work from the packages
binary collection on mac68k NetBSD 1.5. gv complained that it couldn't find
the shared library libXaw3d.so.6.1, even though it was present in /usr/pkg/lib.

On Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 05:10:41PM -0500, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> OK, so it's all a.out? Do you have the following in /etc/ld.so.conf?
>
> /usr/pkg/lib
> /usr/X11R6/lib
> /usr/local/lib

That's it! My ld.so.conf only had usr/local/lib listed. I've added the other
two. It appeared that I had to reboot for it to take effect (although I didn't
try a simple logoff/logon), but it now all works.

Thank you, Frederick, so much for your patience helping me to sort this out.

Ian